Ang init! Pass muna ako sa run natin, ha? Don’t let the scorching summer heat get in the way of a good workout. Here are fun ways to stay fit if it’s too hot to run outside – and we don’t just mean going to the gym.
1. Strike a Pose, Try YOGA – Wake up earlier than usual for a yoga class. A yoga studio is usually cool, calm and relaxing. Plus, you’ll start your day feeling energized.
2. Play Badminton – It’s time to bring out that old badminton racket and invite the officemates for a badminton match after work.
3. Cycle Indoors – Indoor cycling studios are becoming more and more popular, and it’s easy to see why. You get to ride your bike in a safe environment, with heart pumping music in the background, and there are no awkward tan lines. Try Electric Studio in BGC, Saddle Row in Serendra or Ride Revolution in Rockwell.
4. Do a Mini Triathlon in the Gym – If you have access to a gym or club with a pool, then you can definitely swim a few laps, spin for 30 minutes, and run on the treadmill for 20 minutes. Feel free to mix up the sequence so you can end the session in the pool.
5. Join a Night League – There are many groups who are into sports like Flag Football, Frisbee, Soccer, or football, and they usually meet after work, best time to learn something new! Sign up now!
6. Get HIIT – In high intensity interval training (also known as HIIT), you’ll do a circuit of intense workouts, with a short recovery breaks in between workouts. HIIT boosts metabolism, which means that your body continues to burn fat hours after you leave the gym. Check out the HIIT sessions in 360 Fitness Clubs.
7. Take The Plunge – Of course, the best way to cool off is to get in the water. Swimming is one of the best skills to learn during summer, Bert Lozada swim school is a good place to start to learn. If you’re looking for something different, you can also try aqua aerobics (also available in Bert Lozada Swim School) or underwater hockey.
Bottom line, try to stay active even during Hot Summer Days! Got some tips? Share them below!