Time to UV Care your Running Shoes

A good pair of shoes is said to be a runner’s best friend. Runners go through the process of gait analysis, analyzing and comparing brands, and asking for recommendations from other runners just to get the perfect pair.

Despite the meticulous process of choosing shoes, one fact holds true for all type of shoes: soon enough, no matter how much we care for them, they will get dirty. In fact, on average, the inside of your shoes contains about 2,887 units of bacteria (for reference a toilet seat contains only about 1000 units of bacteria)

What’s Inside your Shoes?

Although we cannot see then, bacteria and fungi are there, residing in our shoes every time we use them. These microorganisms thrive and multiply in a moist condition, which is the constant state of the inside of our shoes because our feet sweat (a lot).

These bacteria and fungi are the primary cause of the toenail fungus, athlete’s foot (also known as alipunga), and the foul odor that runners are all too familiar with.

Ultraviolet Light and Sterilization

The use of Ultraviolet or UV light for killing bacteria and sterilization is an increasing trend these days. Companies who filter air, treat water, and process food, prefer UV ray sterilization compared to the use of chemicals simply because it is a much rapid process without causing harm to the environment.

Essentially, UV light kills bacteria by attacking their DNA to make them incapable of reproducing more bacteria. UV light is categorized as germicidal which means it rapidly and efficiently inactivate microorganisms like bacteria, viruses, etc. through damaging its nucleic acids and preventing it to replicate and to infect.

Right now, UV sterilization is most commonly used in large-scale industries for sterilization. However, UV care has been developing UV Light sterilizing products that are meant to be used in households, one of which is a portable and convenient product that is purposely used for sterilizing and deodorizing shoes.

Now, to be honest, simply washing the shoes with detergent can eliminate the bacterias inside by about 90%. The problem though is that runners are always on the go. Which means, cleaning and waiting for shoes to dry is a tad too much of a hassle. Aside from this, the remaining 10% of unsterilized bacteria still signify more than 200 units of bacterias that is there inside our shoes.

The UV Care Shoe Sterilizer & Deodorizer is a chemical-free product that uses germicidal UV-C Rays to kill 99.9% of invisible bacteria and viruses (including H1N1, E. Coli, MRSA) as well as mold, dust mites, fleas, bed bugs and their eggs. It can rapidly and efficiently kill the bacteria and viruses without having to wash your shoes using chemical detergent.

Using the UV Care Shoe Sterilizer & Deodorizer

An easily noticeable feature of the UV Care Shoe Sterilizer & Deodorizer is that it’s very simple to use. You simply just place it inside your shoes (like in the photo below), plug, set the timer and you’re done.

The timer can be set at 15 minutes as minimum time and 60 minutes as maximum (with 15 minutes interval in between), depending on what you think is necessary.

Conveniently, this product also features a heating element that can dry damp or even wet shoes that is quite useful when you’re training during the rainy season and/or maybe just have sweaty feet.

The UV Care Shoe Sterilizer & Deodorizer currently retails at 4,995 PHP. If you want to know more about their products, email them at sales@uvcare.net or call them at (0917) 527-8185. You may also follow them on Instagram, Facebook, or visit their website at https://www.uvcare.net. For sales inquiries, you may also contact Arnold Ang at (0917) 842-7637 or arner_ang@uvcare.net.

Sources: ciriscience | uvcare | trojanuv

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here