LUUM or La Union Unity Marathon is the banner event of iRunners. LUUM – II SuperMarathon is the follow-up of the much successful 1st Annual La Union Unity Marathon or LUUM – 1 which was held last February 25, 2012. LUUM is derived from the Ilocano lingo which means ‘ripe’ – the perfect term to coin the advocacy of iRunners which is to promote the Tourism of La Union. This is our way of telling to the rest of the world that La Union is ‘Ripe for Tourism’. Thru the yearly conduct of LUUM, iRunners believe that the world discover its pristine yet unexplored grandeur and beauty.
The first LUUM was a huge success: it was the first and biggest running event in the province that was organized by iRunners and participated by thousands of locals as well as visitor runners; it was also the only all-Filipino running event where foreign runners are invited only for special participation (they are not allowed to compete for prize money); it was participated and supported by the various sectors of the society: various Government Organizations, NGOs, Private Institutions, Academe, Student Organizations, Youth Organizations, Athlete groups, even ordinary citizens of La Union. Even the Philippine Military Academy supported the event and sent almost a hundred contingents (Cadets and Staff of the Academy) in support of the cause of the event.
Now, on its second edition, iRunners due to the high billing of its maiden event is tasked to give you the best running event that will surely brings out the ‘Super Runner’ in you!
In LUUM – 1 they gave you the best route here in La Union , now in its 2nd edition the organizers will give you the best of the best! The route will mesmerize you; the route is specially chosen to bring out the sturdy and ‘super runner’ in you, and most of all participants will become part again of another history of running in the Country because it is the first time that an Ultra Marathon and Regular Marathon will be featured in one single running event, thus the rational for term SuperMarathon ! So mark the date, March 02, 2013 join this once in a lifetime event, experience a super running experience and be the super runner that you can be !
LUUM – II SuperMarathon
March 16, 2013
San Fernando City, La Union
3K, 5K, 10K, 21K, 42K, 50K
3K, 5K = P300
– inclusive of Singlet, Barcode (for timing), Runners Bib, Finisher medal for the first 25 registrants (who will finish the race) for each of the two categories.
10K, 21K = P600
– inclusive of Singlet, Barcode (for timing), Runners Bib, Finishers medal for all finishers.
42K and 50K = P900
– inclusive of Singlet, Barcode (for timing), Runners Bib, Conqueror medal (relatively bigger than other categories)and Visor Cap or Ultra Running Cap or Tshirt (depend upon the result of survey to be conducted in iRunners fanpage as to what is the most liked or wanted souvenir that the participant of the event would want to take home.
*There will be special price/discount for students and groups
– ROX @ Taguig, City
– Light Hotel in Baguio
– CSI in Dagupan
– Kubo in San Fernando La Union
– potentially to all LBC Branches nationwide which is still in the works.
LUUM – II SuperMarathon – Singlet:
LUUM – II SuperMarathon – Medals:
iRunner fanpage @ facebook
or at mobile no. 09491913155 look for Randy or Sharon
For Instant Updates – Follow US!
Like this Post!? Share it to your friends!
oh, ok. thank u for the update on the shuttle. i guess i will just have to commute on friday, in time for the event. as to the timing device, i understand sir. to finish my maiden 50K safe & injury is my foremost goal anyway. bonus na lang pag makakuha ng average na oras. thank u i runner.
Swordsman be here on March 15, 5PM to get your tag at DMMMSU MID LA UNION CAMPUS during the Briefing of runners.
Friends, fellow runners, pls read this post and share this to your friends who are planning to join the LUUM2 Super Marathon,
The registration date that will assure the runner of a finishers medal and finishers shirt HAS EXPIRED, and this means that there IS NO ASSURANCE that the late registrants can get their medal and shirt, even the size of the singlet. However, the registration is up to the 15th of March (from 9AM to 10PM) for the late registrants to give chance to runners to join this once in a lifetime event. Thank you and see you at the Super Marathon!
LUUM2 Super Marathon participants, we are strongly encouraging you to attend the “carbo-salo-salo” and briefing of runners on March 15, 2013 at exactly 5PM here in DMMMSU Mid La Union Campus. This gathering is very important for so many reasons:
1. We will orient you thru power point presentation of the dynamics of the route – this will surely help you prepare mentally for the super and tough battle ahead.
2. We give your tags to assure you that you will get you most deserved medals and shirt.
3. We will present or ‘walk you thru’ to the most beautiful tourist sites in the province – via power point presentation.
4. We will have a simple carbo-loading salo-salo and ask each interested participant to pay P130 for the meal (Carbonara, Wheat Bread with pineapple Marmalade, and Orange juice).
5. We will set-up a souvenir stall where you can buy souvenirs from the event and the province
6. We will set a henna tattoo booth for those runners who want to symbolize something in their skin.
To all interested participants and all registered participants of LUUM2 SuperMarathon, the event is an ALL-FILIPINO event much like its maiden version. Foreign runners are very much welcome to join and experience (“taste”) LUUM, however, they cannot compete for the prize money. Should a foreign runner wish to join the event, they will get special discount for their participation or ten percent (10%) in all category.
Fellow runners, especially those who will be running for the 21K, 42K and 50K Category, pls be advice to bring your own WATER CONTAINER or Water Belt. We have plenty of water stations along the route, however we would want to practice environmental concern (and practicality too) by not using plastic cups (we can’t afford to buy paper cups which is more expensive). All we have to do is to refill from the water stations, maraming salamat po, pls inform the rest of our friends who will be running for LUUM.
does that apply to mr. swordsman only or to everyone? ‘coz i didnt get mine either when i registered at ROX. please advise. thank u much.
one more – do we really need to bring headlamps? thank u…
to all runners pls pls bring your headlamp.
*** job, ALL runners are advised to attend the briefing sa March 15, 2013 for you to get your tag. thank you!
Good evening friends, fellow runners, here’s the latest UPDATE regarding our shuttle trip from Manila to San Fernando La Union:
***THERE WILL BE NO MORE SHUTTLE PICK-UP AT MARKET MARKET TAGUIG CITY, all Runners are advised to go direct to the Sta Lucia Bus Station which is located in the mentioned address below***
1. Name of shuttle/Bus Company: STA LUCIA EXPRESS BUS CO.
INC. – Address: España Blvd. in-front of University of Santo Tomas
2. Pick-up point: Sta Lucia Express Bus Co. Station at España Blvd. in-front of University of Santo Tomas (Manila)
3. Date: March 15, 2013 – Travel Time: 8:10 AM (No waiting beyond 8:10 AM!)
4. Number of Shuttle: Two (2) Shuttles – all two shuttle will leave at exactly 8:10AM at Sta Lucia Bus Terminal in España Manila going to San Fernando City La Union.
5. Return trip will be the following day at 2PM of March 16, 2013 infront of City Plaza Auditorium of San Fernando La Union.
6. Those runners who haven’t paid their shuttle fee yet, pls take the shuttle no.2 because the shuttle 1 is already full. We still need 20plus more passenger for the shuttle 2
7. We are offering a reasonable shuttle fee of P950 two way trip to all interested passengers.
8. Please post your names if you are interested to take the no.2 shuttle.
9. Please pay your fare to iRunner staff who will be designated as your tourist guide during your travel from Manila to La Union.
10. More details pls contact this number:0948-330-3593
paano po namin makukuha yung tag if di kami makarating sa DMMMSU ng 5PM on March 15? from manila pa kc kami?
same question with nypd, pano naman yung hindi makakarating sa DMMMSU kasi may work pa? di kasi ako makakapag-leave para ma-claim yung tag.
and @irunner, yung sa finisher’s shirt and finisher’s medal for 21K runners, additional 125 pesos or 100 pesos? kasi sa isang reply/post # 184 nakalagay 100 and sa reply/post #193 nakalagay 125 naman. alin po talaga sa dalawa kasi naguguluhan yung partner ko na tatakbo sa 21K.
and final question, 2:00 am ang start ng 50K?
nypd, we will give your tag until 10PM of March 15.
jeb, Payment of finisher shirt is P125. start of 50K is 1AM
@irunner paano kong hndi ako makarating ng 10 pm ? baka hndi ko kayanin kasi 7 pm pa ako aalis ng manila ? pleas advise tnx
me baggage counter po ba? dapat lang po sana na meron…pakipost lang po list ng transient houses/rooms.including contact number at kung magkano bayad per person…thanks….
mamaya na pala ito… goodluck and enjoy everyone! :-)
hahaha.. lahat ng sinabi ni irunner wala TAMA! palpak ang race event. next time wag mo na lokohin ang mga runners at wag kana magorganize ng race event! gudluck sa mga critics at bloggers!
Some observations to name a few:
1. Race route is new and very (very) challenging…Lupet na uphills at downhills..(mga elites nanghina dito)…kaso kulang sa distance for 50k category…(gps reads around 45-46km)
2. Truly eco-run (zero waste).
3. Enough hydration. Though pure water. (di malamig)…Pocari listed in the singlet is missing in the area….anyare???
4. Solve sa bread at hard boiled eggs…tsaka saging na saba along the way…
5. Madaming security officers kaso wala sa strategic position (imho).
6. Kulang sa emergency kit ang mga ibang marshall. (essential one is liniment oil or spray mint for cramps) lalo na sa lupit ng mga uphills.
7. Walang timer kahit maliit lang sa finishline para malaman kung anung oras natapos ang bawat isa. (time your own)
8. Ok na sana yung finishers shirt kaso masyadong malaki ang size nya kumpara sa singlet (US sizes yung mga finishers shirt)….
grabe naman makapag comment, parang nasa palengke lang.. para sa amin ok yun run.. hati yun reaction, may nasiyahan at meron din dismiyado.. wag na lang lahatin, kung hinde ka naging masaya, huwag k ng manira… respeto ba..
Over-all, i did enjoy this event. After a strong finish in this event I’ll be considering another ultra in this province next year (maybe 80k naman)…And added to that (OT) napasali pa ako sa Bike the Dust 22 preceding with LUUM 2…Though di ko nagamit yung paid shuttle due to time constraints (work at habol sa Afterglow Run ) and easy recovery run at Brent Run 3.
Comment posted was a constructive criticism (pros and cons stated) which will aid the organizer in making a better event in the succeeding years to come. It’s a way of supporting a new group to emerge as a commendable organizer like Runrio, TGR, WL, & Proactive.
well I would like to say maganda naman ang event actually but there are things we should improve yes importante ang hydration but you should have your own back up. sa mga taong nagbantay along the way they were really generous kaya wag naman idamay lahat.The only problem is the attitude of the organizer I was really disappointed of your answer you can always say sorry don’t promise what you can’t keep.It was really a good run.In terms of liniment meron po ako nakita sa pinakamatarik na part meron dun liniment sir.What makes it so unique is that Lantern. I love it really thanks for that very symbolic.I think naoverlook niya yong ibang needs ng runners but maybe everybody is not perfect and entitled to improve. sana yong makakatulong na comment lang ang ipopost para maging mas maganda ang event na ito. It was a good route so challenging
Basta ako, masaya sa naging experience, madaming lapses oo, maiimprove pa iyan, pero maganda ang race overall, i met new friends, room mates ko pa ang mga podium finishers..tatakbo ulit ako dito next year dahil sa ganda ng ruta lalo na kapag pinahaba pa at isama na ang beach..mountain to ocean na ang dating..Cheers LUUM..
When and how will we be able to view the race results/timings?
It would be nice to know how the other competitors performed.
good afternoon everyone, first of all i would like like to thank every one who participated the LUUM2, the event won’t be possible without you and we would love to do it again next year with a bigger and better LUUM3. NOW i want to categorically refute and deny the claim of Anton, the comment is totally out of context and misplaced. Sir/mam you are the only one who said that comment while the 500 others are saying the opposite. The event may have its loopholes but like most of the runners said, the shortcomings are very very minor and negligible so to speak.
Salamat sir ramoes, and mam reza, and im sorry for my attitude, sir taktalaok thanks guys for telling the truth, the truth will set us free sabi nga. We will definitely improve and will give you better and bigger LUUM3 so pls prepare for it. Sir Mort, the result now are posted at iRunner fanpage. Until LUUM3 everyone, thank you and most especially thank you Takbo.ph and Sir Jinoe for all your support sir! More power!
Walang anuman po sir Randy. Ako at ang mga ibang mananakbo ay handang sumuporta sa mga susunod mong patakbo. ang mahalaga ay pag ibayuhin ang paghahanda para maiwasan ang mga di-inaasahang pangyayari (always have a plan B). Ang LUUM ay isang magandang paraan para maipakita ang kagandahan ng lalawigan ng La Union at mapaangat ang turismo ng iyong bayan. Ipagpatuloy mo lang ang iyong adhikain at palaging makinig sa mga hinaing at kuro-kuro ng mga kasamahang mananakbo…Mabuhay at hanggang sa susunod na taon…
(P.S.. pwede pa bang makuha yung LUUM mug para sa mga early bird kung meron pa at saka kung pwde pa makabili ng finishers shirt (50k – small) kung meron pa…)
result ng LUUM?