5 Tips to help you RUN FAST
1. Get the right pair of shoes. – Different foot types and pronation tendencies need to be taken into consideration. For example, a runner who over-pronates needs proper support to avoid injuries. Get gait analysis to determine if you need Neutral, Stability, or Motion Control).
2. Introduce proper interval training. – Use 400s, 800s, and mile repeats wisely throughout the training cycle. Know how to nail them by understanding your training zones as well as your threshold pace. A well executed session entails that the appropriate intensity was sustained with the least recovery required. Going out too hard and fading midway is a common mistake.
3. Skip junk miles. – Training is different from exercising. Every workout should have a purpose. Whether it be speed, endurance, or recovery, one should make sure that his session is aligned with these goals. Adding miles to run off a cheesecake (avoiding weight gain) is not proper training.
4. Know when to rest and recover. – To prevent injuries and raise one’s threshold, rest is key. Too much running without proper recovery is a common mistake. By making sure that one is fresh for his/her key workouts, the quality of these sessions is upheld. Running fatigued will generate lackluster results at best.
5. Seek the guidance of a knowledgeable and experienced coach. – Proper guidance is valuable to both beginner and advanced athletes alike. A coach who understands the importance of a well-structured program will help his athletes maximize their training time. By getting more out of each training block, rapid improvement is eminent. This will also ensure that setbacks due to injuries and overtraining are minimized.
Like this Post!? Share it to your friends!
J-r Vargas Guevarra ROn Nie
Agatha Cristy Rongavilla
#6 do heavt squats
Nice one coach Don Velasco
KY Peñaranda Dho Olarte ;)
I dont need to run fast.. all i need is to strengthen my resistance.
MiSh #1 U0001f601U0001f446
May pustahan daw tau sa susunod kaya we should train harder..hahaha
Tau? Bakit di ko alam? Hahah what’s on the line?
Dapat matapos ang 21k ng less than 3hours or else manlilibre ng lunch after the run..hahaha
Huwaw! At kaninong bright idea to? U0001f4a1
Tinatanong pba yan???hahaha
At FYI game si ate donna dun w/o any hesitation..hahahah
Omg! Dapat nb kong kabahan? Hahah
So pano, wala ng hintayan? Kanya kanya na to! #competitivenessOverload
Hahaha..kanya kanyang takbo na toh para sa libreng lunch ;)
Pano pag lahat less than 3hours?
E d kanya kanyang bili..hahaha
Hahah Kk. Challenge accepted! U0001f601
Be sure!!! :)
Music helped me develop a faster and consistent running pace. From 160 beats per minute songs, i now run to 180bpm songs. Try it guys!
Genesis Las Antonio
Teka, anong run to? World vision?
HIIT, stair running and altitude training is a must
always think of your wife that she might caught you
Open po claiming kahit sunday ?!
nabasa ko na sir Cris Batislaon oo na, sisimulan ko na ang project sub1!!!!! haha!
Paki explain junk miles.
Kelan nangyayari to?
Ba’t walang tao sa glorietta para mag-register? Nka-break?
Liezl Lgrdz kaya pa? Hahaha
Hahaha ok coach
Wala pa po route ng pf10k?
I have 10k sub (march 20)shirt xs who wants to trade it for medium or small.
Parang ang hirap ng route ngaun. matindin akyatan to sa Flyover…
Puwede po ba mag register bukas?