Calling all Ultra runners to experience this once in a lifetime event because of the aesthetic, pure challenge, and its noble component. This event aims to give back to the less fortunate children and students of La Union, because some portion of the proceeds of this event will help the set-up a library to serve the three (300) indigent students of Brgy. Baraoas. These children lived 20Kilometers away from the City proper, their geographical location deprive them of so many things including the access to better or functional library.
IBTUR 88 conceptualized to help these children. With the help of the would-be-sponsors and contributor most importantly the Ultra runners or the main participants of this event, these children will have a better chance of gaining a quality education and better life that they truly deserved. So come and run in IBTUR 88, prove your ‘un-breakability’, experience another level of running, see the wonders of nature at its best, most of all, “stride” for the sake of these children.
IBTUR 88 Ultra Marathon
November 30, 2013 @ 3AM
San Juan, La Union
– Inclusive of Two (2) Shirts (Running and Finisher), Medal or Trophy, Pre-run Meal, Lei, and Certificate
– Inclusive of Two (2) Shirts (Running and Finisher), Medal or Trophy, Pre-run Meal, Lei, Certificate plus Silver Finisher Ring
Online Registration: https://www.facebook.com/irunnerscommunity
Ian – 09255052511
Email: [email protected]
iRunner – 09483456800
Email: [email protected]
For Instant Updates – Follow US!
Like this Post!? Share it to your friends!
Im first For Sure im the first?????? im joining this….. ILOKANO Runners…..
Can we have the designs?
You may check the designs here:
Sir/Mam sana trophy and medal na sana para sulit……..kahit 3k go na hehehehe
Hi Countyboy! Its randy or irunner here, i will give a stunning trophy and expensive trophy and i can’t give out medal to everyone. Only the top 10 finishers for each category or age category will receive a medal. The best that i am about to give aside for the trophy is the Finisher Ring, but the runner must pay an additional P500 for the silver medal. Thank you :-)
why dont medal na lang sir instead of ring..
kindly post design of medal, shirts etc,
tnx & God Bless
Hi Zaldo, the shirts designs are now posted @ irunner fanpage. all the rest of the runner receivables are still ongoing or under refinement, thank you :-)
The trophy is currently undergoing refinement, i am doing my very best to give you the most aesthetically outstanding trophy that will represent your great accomplishment. I hope to out the design before the month of July ends. Its the first time for iRunner to give out a trophy, and i want to be the best, kaya lang talagang napakamahal po ng presyo ng trophy :-)
is irunner the same organizers of LUUM2?
Sir, what is the cut-off time? ang terrain details & race route?… thanks
pakipost din sana ung race route,at complete details..like gun start,cut off time, etc..thnx
uyy bago yung ring ah hehehe hope to see the designs soon.
oo nga bago yon hehehe…
This will be my Nov 2013 run..see you in La Union.
dapat me group discount ulit para marami sumali… at higpit naman po sa mga ruta, o tignang mabuti ang mga tumatakbo kung naka ikot ba sila sa tamang ruta.. para iwas sa hindi inaasahang dayaan… salamat and God Bless…
Hi Jed! thanks for the suggestion. I will be very strict now in the guarding of the route to prevent such thing to happen. As for the group discount, i apologize but i simply cannot give it in this event because 88Kilometer entails so much logistical expenses, plus the price of the Trophy is very costly, its 3 to 4 times the value of the medal. For better organization and management of the event we will only accept 100 participants on a first come first serve basis.
mga katakbuhan for more information about ibtur 88 pls check out the irunner fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/irunnerscommunity?fref=ts
hi recklessrunner! wala po tayong cut-off this year, we might have a cut-off in the succeeding version of ibtur but for this year maiden version eh wala po muna kase kapaan muna ito.
for the terrain, it is pure pavement mula kapatagan hanggang kabundukan. Then from the starting line you will run a long 40kilometer flat route, then after, prepare for non-stop uphills and down-hills, the highest peak is about 2100 feet above sea level higher than what we gave you at LUUM2. Then the 10K before you reach the town of San gabriel, its all pure down-hill, then the last 10K from San Gabriel to San Juan is flat (ku ikaika route), pero yung last 700 meters papunta sa finish line ay buhangin po o tabing dagat. yan po kase ang tinatawag nating ‘dramatic ending’ ng event, you guys will run beside the beach in the last 700 meters stretch with the sunset on your left side this is also the opportunity for the runner to glance the beauty of San Juan Surfing site beach at sun down.
hi hiejhay! gunstart is 3AM, other details are now available at iRunner fanpage.
hi taktalaok! aasahan kita sa La Union for the IBTUR 88 on November 30, 2013, thank you for your support to irunners God bless you always :-)
IBTUR 88 RACE DETAILS:
1. Pre-race briefing and disposal of race packets will be held at3:00 PM, November 29, 2013 at Final Option Resort San Juan, La Union.
2. The registration fee of 2,500.00 Php includes, race bib, pre-race meal, two event shirt, TROPHY, and a lei. And for OFFICIAL FINISHERS who are willing to shell out an additional P500, they can have their IBTUR Finisher ring.
3. Reflective vests, flashlights/headlamps must be worn at the appropriate times and a fully-charged and loaded cellphone must be brought by the runners at all times.
4. Race bibs MUST be worn in FRONT at all times. Any other way bib is worn (or absence of such) will merit an outright 1-hour time penalty that will be added to the time of the runner.
5. All participants are encouraged to use recyclable water and food containers and to dispose of all wastes properly. Any report of improper disposal will merit an outright 1-hour time penalty that will be added to the time of the runner.
6. Pacers are allowed.
7. All support vehicles must be properly marked with runner’s name. This must be visible from the driver’s side and back. Support vehicles not bearing the same will not be allowed to act as a support vehicle. We encourage that the support vehicles must be 4X4 because of the difficulty of the uphill terrain.
8. All participants and support crews are encouraged to conduct themselves in a civilized manner. Avoid playing loud music or making noise.
9. There will be NO CURFEW.
10. Runners are strongly encouraged to stay on the left side of the road (facing traffic) at all appropriate times.
11. All support vehicles must follow existing traffic rules in each locality and must be parked properly when aiding a participant, with blinkers and headlights on.
12. Participants are allowed to leave the course for any reason, provided the support crew will note the exact location with a marker (to include race number and name) visible to other participants and race officials. Participant must resume the race from the said marked point.
13. In support of the environment, first, no plastic cups to be distributed in the aid stations or there will be no water cups available but water container only where the runners can refill, second, bicycles or motorbikes are encouraged for use as support vehicles. Because of the narrow road that leads to the mountainous part of the route, motorbikes or ‘not-so-wide’ vehicles is the best option for a support vehicle.
14. All runners are to attend to their personal necessities in the most decent way. In the absence of houses or public restrooms, everyone is encouraged to do their thing with the general public as their main consideration.
15. It is the responsibility of the runners to know the race route. Time lost will not be deducted from racing time. Every single inch of the route must be covered on foot. In the occurrence of a runner taking a wrong direction, he/she may take a ride back to the exact spot where he/she missed the correct turn and continue running.
16. There will be aid stations along the route (where water, medics, food is available). In flat or plains there will be one aid station for every 5Kilometers, and in mountainous areas there will be one for every 3Kilometers. Despite, runners are allowed to buy food/drinks at any point of the course.
17. All runners must contact the Race Director should they decide to declare themselves DNF. They must include distance covered and time of withdrawal. This is to properly account for participants still in the contention.
18. Protest/s must be made within one hour of the event’s conclusion and must be accompanied by a sworn statement together with documentary evidence (video or picture). Absence of one requirement will make protest void.
19. While every reasonable precaution will be undertaken by the organizers to ensure the participants’ safety, it is understood that the participants are fully aware of the risks involved, run at their own risk and the organizers and/or sponsors shall not be responsible for any injury, liability or death arising from training or occurring during participation in the race.
20. Participants are responsible for their support crew and vehicle.
21. A participant must retire from the race if required to do so by any member of the medical staff.
22. Once registration is accepted, there will be no entry fee refund for participants who, for whatever reason, do not eventually take part in the race. Likewise, there will be no entry fee refund if the event is cancelled or postponed on account of force majeure or for other causes beyond the control of the race organizers.
23. The organizers reserve the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other media recordings for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising without giving monetary consideration to the participant.
24. The Race Director may, at any time, modify race rules and guidelines before, during or after the event, and the official race route for the benefit of the participants.
25. THE RACE DIRECTOR’S DECISION IS FINAL.
Pang-halimaw na ito! Goodluck sa mga kalahok.
what if you don’t have a support team? :(
sino gusto bumuo ng grupo? and let’s share sa expenses…
cge mam buo tayo group.. taga san ka po?
generous na po sila at every 5k ang aid station, 3k pa sa mahirap na areas. Dala na lang ng 500mL na bote.
bag drop na lang ang kailangan linawin sa kanila.
mj, mam actually you don’t really need a support group dito sa IBTUR especially if its hard for you to get one, kase like what ive posted we will be setting up aid station per every 5Kilometer in plains and every 3K in the mountains. These aid stations will help you and aide you in what ever you need like water, medicine, massage etc. All the runners must bring are the following: headlamp, water container and a pair of shoes. Thank you and hope to see you again here in La Union :-)
great! irunner, ok will wait na lang ng august 05 to register.. diba may discount pag maaga ka nag pa register?
ms. kyla thank you for the support, i pray for your injury less training para magsama sama tayo dito sa la union sa november 30 :-)
Good daypo! Kamusta po pala yung status ng available slots ngaun? Salamat po!
Arwin, hi! kumpleto pa po ang 100 slots dahil sa August 5 pa po tayo mag-umpisa ng registration. Pls register early to get 25% discount :-)
kyla, hi! yes early registrants will get 25% discount. August 5 will be the first day of registration, and ONLINE only, thanks again :-)
Hi sir randy oks count me in..
Hello Po Sir Randy/Irunner 100 masyado po ata konti kahit 200 man lang para mas masaya at mas marami mabibigay sa mga Bata…
apay nakulit ka nga ubingen?nagadu nga damagdamagem mangsursurun kansa nga ubing ah…
Countryboy i appreciate the concern, pero wag po kayo magalala sapat na po yung 100 runner para makapag-setup po tayo ng library para sa mga bata, may mga mabubuting loob naman po na sponsor na tutulong sa atin. Gusto ko lang masiguro na magiging maayos ang event natin para din po sa inyo na mga participants. I want to give your registration fees its full and high value yan po ang priority ko.
Ultra Runners, friends, its two more week to go before the registration for IBTUR starts. We just want to post some reminders and relevant info with regards to the most awaited ultramarathon event of the last quarter of 2013 for your guidance.
1. Registration will only be thru on-line and this comes in two ways:
(a)Thru iRunner fanpage or facebook registration where the payment has to be made thru Banco De Oro (BDO).
HOW TO DO THE FACEBOOK REGISTRATION?
HERE’S HOW: First, fill-up the electronic form in iRunner fanpage and second, pay the registration fees at any BDO branch near you, then third, send the picture of the deposit slip or the scanned copy (of the deposit slip) for the confirmation of your participation in this e-mail address ([email protected]) Your participation will only become official once we receive the picture or the scan copy of the deposit slip.
(b) You can register also Thru Takbo.ph (credit card transaction)
2. Final registration fees and its inclusion: Participants of the 1st Annual IBTUR 88 must pay Two thousand five hundred pesos (P2500) as registration fee or entrance fee, in return the participant is entitled to the following:
(b) Two tshirt (one running and one finisher)
(c) Runners pre-run meal (will be served during the pre-run briefing)
(d) Certificate and a
(f) plus, free runner snack and water will be freely available all throughout the route
*** should the runner want to have a ‘finisher ring’, she or he is required to pay an additional P500 for the silver ring
*** correction*** – for the early bird participants, the 25% discount is only applicable to the registration fees and not including the shuttle fees.
3. WHERE TO REGISTER? To register pls visit the iRunner fanpage in this url:
4. Finally, we will not accept any reservation. The registration will be ‘first come first serve basis’ only. Registration may end earlier than scheduled.
Thank you and i assure you that you will have the best running time of your life here in IBTUR.
Randy M. Abasolo (iRunner)
Race Organizer and
Founder of iRunners Community
Final Options Resort and iRunners brings to you the 1st Annual IBTUR 88, the most awaited Ultra Marathon event of the last quarter of 2013. Final Options Resort is very excited to be part of this grand event, and it promises to be a great host to all the participants of the event. For reservations for a place to stay pls look for the very amiable and lovely resort manager/owner, Ms. Christine Javier at the following contact details: Tel.:(072) 888 2724 Cp.: (0929 4485505 Fax:(072) 242 1484 e-mail:[email protected]
for photos of the resort, click the following url: /www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=577855648904609&set=a.577855582237949.1073741849.281975911825919&type=1&theater
correct me if i’m wrong….
2500 less 25% = 1875Php.
magkano nga po pala fee if avail shuttle from manila?
pasyal peace, hi good morning, its P1000 back and forth po Sta Lucia Bus po ang sasakyan natin
Friends and fellow runners you can now visit the iRunner fanpage and check out the registration for IBTUR, its already working and waiting for you to register on August 5, 2013, pls register early even as early as 12:01 AM of August 5, to secure your slot in the first 100 participants of IBTUR, thank you and see you all here in La Union where the most beautiful and most challenging running routes are located. See you in the finish line!
A, bale 2875Php.
Pwede na. Gora!
Sana d naman pangbakulaw ang ruta.
panghalimaw pwede na.
Hello Irunner Good day! meron po ba tayong bagage counter? kc solo runner lang po kc ako…
Countryboy, YES meron po tayong baggage counter the Resort (Final Options) will take care of your baggage :)
Good afternoon friends, ultra runners i am posting the url of iRunner where you can register, pls visit the iRunner fanpage in this url:
Its 5 more days to go before the registration for the ultimate Ultra in the 4th quarter of the year happens, Unahan po tayo sa pagregister! We would like to inform everyone that we will strictly implement a first-come-first-serve/registration basis, kung sino po ang naunang nakapagdeposit ng registration fee nila and able to send the picture of scanned copy of the depo slip ay sila ang ma-consider na official registrants. Thank you and see you here in La Union, the home of the most pristine and most challenging running routes :)
Hello Irunner. isasama na po ba yung bus transpo sa BDO depo? less 25% na po ba? magkanu sana me break down.. para bayad na lang agad sa BDO tnx po
Hello Irunner Me Bank Account na po ba kung san mg deposit?
Countryboy and to all: kung magshuttle po tayo at kung early bird registrant po tayo ay bale P2875 po ang babayaran lahat. Heto po ang Account name and number ng iRunners: Bank: BDO
Account Name: iRunners Productions, Account Numbers: 004430229387, salamat, agyaman ak apo!
agayaman kami met kenka Irunners…. ag register nakon nu bigat..
hello Irunners. sa route po ng IBTUR anu recomend nyo po trail shoes or pang road lang? kaya na po ba pang road shoes? Kabundukan meaning me trail po ba ito?
Sir Countryboy, road shoes can do the job. may part na may kunting soil but that is less than a kilometer. 95% ng kalsada ay simple pavement or cemented kahit na sa kabundukan :)
apay madi ka tlga maka-awawat nya?pukul kansa met baruk…nagadu nga damagdamagem..
Hindi porke madaming tinatanong ay di na makaintindi. Gusto lang ni Countryboy na malinawan at malaman ang tamang gear. Kung elite ka, wag mo namang maliitin ang mga baguhan. Imbes na sagutin ng maayos ang tanong, eh iba pa sinasabi mo sa Ilocano na hindi naman naintindihan ng lahat. Malay mo, yong tanong ni Countryboy ay tanong din ng iba na naghihintay lang din ng kasagutan.
Hindi kaya ikaw ang nang-aasar?
HERE IS THE LINK OF IBTUR REGISTRATION @ FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/irunnerscommunity/app_206429986046631
Friends, fellow runners and ultra runners, the (facebook) registration for IBTUR 88 has started since yesterday. As of the moment (August 6) the remaining slot for grab is 95. So pls try to register early before the slot for IBTUR runs out. Thank you and never stop running, ill see you in the finish line!
Fellow runners, 85 slots are still available at IBTUR 88, register now and avail of early bird discount, early bird discount rate will end on September 05, 2013, Thank you!
Ultra runners, we have good news for you, the early bird registration for IBTUR 88 is extended up until tomorrow night (September 7, 2013), this is to accomodate the huge demands of ultra runners who would like to get 25% discount on registration fees. Pay only 1875 instead of 2500 if you are able to register up only until the 12PM tomorrow.
For the information of everybody, the estimate slot left for IBTUR pegged at 50 to 60 slots, we will post the final remaining slot next week or September 14, 2013, thank you!
Yes!..Registered na ko..training hard na pag may time…heheeh
Salamat Sir Herbert, Friends, Sir Herbert is one of the 40something ultra runners who have registered already for the event. And this means, 60 or less slots are still available for grab sa IBTUR 88. In relation to this i am announcing another registration promo for all interested participants of IBTUR. MAY GROUP REGISTRATION PROMO NA PO TAYO SA IBTUR. CREATE A GROUP OF TWELVE (12) AND GET P500 DISCOUNT ON YOUR REGISTRATION! Yes, every member of the group can get a P500 discount, meaning instead of paying P2500 for the registration fee, all you need to pay is P2000 if you have a group. Dapat din po na minsanan ang pagbabayad ng grupo ng kanilang registration fees.
One more good news, we will have a personalized bib for IBTUR, so on the first week of October i will contacting each one of the registered participants and get their desired names that they want to be printed in the bib.
Another great news, i am working my best to have you names printed or carved in your much deserved trophy to make it really memorable and very personal for you.
So what are you waiting for, register now and be part of the ‘Pioneer Ultra Runners’ of IBTUR 88!
Hello irunner..registered na po group namin KARIPAS..5 runners early bird hehe.
Great news for ibtur participants Brooks the leading US sports apparel will provide the running shirt or singlet of ibtur!
Thanks to runner group KARIPAS for their support, esp to Sir Olan, see you po dito sa La Union, maghanda na para sa kakaibang challenge at preskong hangin na inyong malalanghap sa kabundukan, kagubatan at tabing dagat na inyong tatahakin dito sa IBTUR 88 :)
Here is another promo for the ultra runners who would like to explore the beauty of nature that awaits for you here in ibtur, Starting September 20 to October 14, all registrants will only pay P2000 for the registration fee for ibtur, beyond October 14, the fee will go to the original fee of P2500, We still have lots of slots waiting for you guys so register now and get the discount of P500!
im interested to join
but a little bit confused
your statement/comment above is not consistent with your
post in iRunner fb
please shed light on this matter
tnx in advance
dyun, ganito yan. Mula September 20 to October 14, 2013 ang registration fee ng ibtur ay P2000 nalang dahil gusto natin na makumpleto na ang slots and also this is due to the help of Sir Pat Maranan of Caliraya Runners who helped us find a cheaper but high quality trophies. Now, beyond the said date above kung sakaling may avail slot pa, the registration will go back to the original fee this move is to sway the runners to register early para maayos na ang lahat including the bibs, shirts etc.
I hope malinaw na po ang lahat, salamat po :)
Elite nga yan si RTS. kaya walang tanung tanung yan sa kanya.. Halimaw daw pag ka ganyan…
sir randy any drop bag at 40km or 50km to change our clothes, gear, etc.?
ricotoy, sir opo meron na po akong inihanda na location para sa drop bag station. salamat po muli sa inyong tanong and suggestion :)
i’m gonna check my schedule. if i’m available that time i will run. ask ko lang po hanggang kelan ang registration? need some reply. tnx!
sir there are 15 slots left for ibtur kung makukuha na ang slot na yan tapos na po ang registration unless my huge clamor for the opening of few more slots
pls ireserve m nmn ako..sa 11 ako magbabayad ng registration fee. sa sweldo ko un. pls need some rply. asap
reserved n po kayo sir manuel pueyo.
IBTUR participants, just an update on shuttle: pick up time at Sta Lucia bus station in Espana is 6:30am of November 29, 2013 due to the repair of roads in Pangasinan, the runners need to leave Manila early so that they can have plenty of time to rest and in time for the briefing by 4pm here in Final Option in San Juan La Union. Travel time is expected to be between 8 to 9hours. Late runners will have to travel on their own and fees will not be refunded, thank you!
Sir..may slot pa po ba sa bus..pa reserve naman po ako…i dedeposit ko po on or before Nov 20. Thanks po.
sir gudpm ask klng din po kng may available pa n slot sa shuttle. i need your reply. tnx
Sir Herbert, meron po, pay lang kayo sa BDO IRUNNERS PRODUCTIONS ACCOUNT, P1000 po forth and back to Manila na yan.
Sige po..deposit ko bago mag Nov 20..Thanks po.
Kenneth from batangas, me slot pa po ba
sir Oscar Kenneth yes register na po kayo para makahabol pa sa personalize and localized bib, heres what to do: pay at bdo irunners productions account and number: 004430229387, then write the ff in the depo slip: your favorite 3 digit number, your bib name your singlet size and place of origin, then send it to [email protected]
IBTUR 88 Participants, you are required to present your ID and Deposit slip upon claiming your race kit, we will strictly implement no id no depo slip no race kit policy,thank you
sir i lost mine and BDO would not allow to reproduce such copy unless your the one who would verify our deposits.. its against the bank secrecy law..i thought the moment you post our names as list of participants you already verify our payments.. please reply
TO ALL IBTUR 88 PIONEERS CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU, you have proven your self once again by conquering one of the hardest ultra race in the country and you are the witness of it. You have proven your unbreakability by finishing the race, you have our admiration and gratitude for joining and visiting our dear province. WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU IN THE NEXT EDITION OF IBTUR!
Results and pictures are now available at IRUNNER page in fb. I’ll see you all in the next event of IRUNNERS :)
I just want to share my IBTUR Experience to all. This is still not enough how thankful I am to all who helped and made this possible.