Ku Ikaika Marathon/Duathlon, which will mark its 5th year, will once again showcase sports tourism in La Union on February 13, 2016. Ku Ikaika, which means “only the strong will endure,” will have 4 marathon event categories and 2 duathlon routes.
– 3K beach run, which highlights the beauty of the surfing capital of the north San Juan, home to the widely popular Summer Break and Surfing Break;
– 10K and 21K beach and road run, traversing the majesty of the brooks and rivers of San Gabriel;
– 42K full marathon, which covered the 21k route plus a challenging sunrise mountain run going up to the famous World War II battle ground of Bacsil Ridge in San Fernando City
DUATHLON (60km Run-Bike-Run):
– Mountain bike race, covering the area of the southern town of Bauang
– Road bike race, showcasing the northern town of Bacnotan
A sunset after-event beach party, which will feature the band Kjwan, will be free for all participants on the same day, starting at 5:00 p.m.
5th Ku Ikaika Marathon/Duathlon
February 13, 2016
San Juan, La Union
3K/10K/21K/42K/Duathlon (60K run-bike-run)
Organizer: La Union Conventions & Visitors Bureau
3K – Php 300 (La Union residents) / Php 450 (non-La Union residents)
10K – Php 600 (La Union residents) / Php 800 (non-La Union residents) / Php 1,500 (foreigners)
21K – Php 800 (La Union residents) / Php 1000 (non-La Union residents) / Php 2,500 (foreigners)
42K – Php 900 (La Union residents) / Php 1200 (non-La Union residents) / Php 2,800 (foreigners)
Road Bike – Php 1,500 (La Union residents) / Php 2,000 (non-La Union residents) / Php 2,500 (foreigners)
Mountain Bike – Php 500 (La Union residents) / Php 800 (non-La Union residents) / Php 1,500 (foreigners)
– All participants will receive singlets and running/biking kits and finishers medals.
1. Walk-in: Kahuna Beach Resort & Spa, Urbiztondo, San Juan, La Union
– Download Registration Form – Click Here
– Deposit payment to Bank of Commerce
Account Name: La Union Conventions & Visitors Bureau
Account Number: 026-00-002034-5
– Email copies of registration form and deposit slip to [email protected]
Call: (072) 6071041 / 09178300363
Email: [email protected]
Like this Post!? Share it to your friends!