Alam naman natin na walang #Forever, so over the past 5 years I was fortunate enough to have joined and experienced some of the best and well organized races in Manila, some like the Condura Skyway Marathon or the Run United Series instantly became the race to watch-out-for every year, while some good races just quietly disappeared.
Here are the Top 5 Fun Run we truly missed!
1. Globe Run for Home – This race was one of the earliest races organized by RunRio and the first ever 5K race I signed up for. This race marks a place in modern running history since I remembered that this is when RunRio introduced the first “Timing Chip”, it’s also one of the rare races where the 21K category starts in Ayala and the Finishline was in BGC.
2. Hyundai Fun Run for a Cause – still holds the record for the biggest FREE Fun Run in Manila, the race happened for 2 consecutive years from 2011 and 2012 and was eventually discontinued. This FREE 5K and 10K event comes with a Singlet, Bib, Timing Chip and full Photo Coverage.
Event Photos – Set 1
3. Adidas King of The Road – from 2009 to 2013 the Adidas KOTR was one of the most awaited races of the year, for 5 years, this race was normally held in 5 different asia pacific countries (Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia) and each year Adidas chooses the a country to be the host on where the top athletes from the 5 countries battle it out for the title of the King of the Road. I truly missed this race, Adidas KOTR 2010 was my first 21K race.
Event Photos – Set 1 | Set 2 | Set 3 | Set 4
4. Camp Run – a race organized by eXtribe, Camp Run is one of the earlier races that took place inside Camp Aguinaldo, an event that is for the benefit of Educational Benefit Systems Office (EBSO), HERO Foundation, Adopt-A-School, e-media and 57/75 Movement this race is unique in a way that you have to run together with the soldiers inside Camp Aguinaldo.
Event Photos – Set 1
5. Midnight Run – happened in 2012 and 2013 and organized by Greentennial Run is the only Costume Night Race that happens on Halloween. The race introduced categories like Most Frightening, Most Extravagant, Most Unique, Most Resourceful Costumes and most runners where open to play along with this Halloween Party themed race.
Event Photos – Set 1
Kayo? May na miss ba kayong Fun Run? Share them Below!
For Instant Updates – Follow US!
PF Online Community -> https://members.pinoyfitness.com
PF Online Shop -> https://shop.pinoyfitness.com
Like this Post!? Share it to your friends!
How I miss the C5 half marathons :(
I miss the greentennial events…
my first running event 10Km Adidas King of the Road… :(
Grace L. Abejar
King of the road adidas U0001f613
KOTR, my first 21K… ;'(
Ditto on KOTR.
adidas king of the road
RIP the ROAD maganda din sayang di na natapos….
Miss this KOTR.
KOTR my first running event
KOTR 2013. How can i forget that im running same pace with isabel daza in the 16.8k distance
My first running event was Outbreak Missions: The Narrows. Sadly, the Outbreak Manila running events seem to be MIA right now. Maybe it has something to do with the accident from last year’s operation stronghold in intramuros involving a comatosed runner. I really miss the thrill and excitement of the Outbreak series. Right now, the organizer only do breakout, slidefest, and non-running outbreak event.
KOTR 2013! Ang ganda ng medal, at nagpakuha ng picture samin si Ariella Arida na wala kaming idea na Miss Universe pala siya :D
yap ADIDAS KOTR will surely one of the greatest run so far hope they will have it this year and also nike run
Wow first time to use timing chip pala ang Run for Home, kasali ako dyan, until now I keep the jersey, maganda pa ang singlet noon ni rio, kasali rin me sa king of the road, di pa rin pinamimigay ang singlet ko dito
I was there
Shayne Chua parang pinaguusapan lang natin to the other day
daming nakaka miss na run
Ganda ng medal…
CamSur International Half Marathon
Hahaha oo nga noh
Awww Run for Home was the very first run event I joined, and my first outdoor run ever — I ran 5K and it was back in July 2009. I may even still have the timing device in an old old gym bag.
Globe Run for Home 2010 was my first 5K run. And this started my passion for road running. From 5K fun to 50K ultra marathon distance. Keep on running everyone!
Adidas KOTR! My first 10k.
KOTR is the most organized race among the others.
What I truly missed is Nike We Run Manila 10K and Outbreak Manila 5K run haha since you have Midnight Run.
The Running dead, best zombie run.
Out of topic: Sana may rexona run this year U0001f631
Actually wala pang balita no? Will ask about this
First 10k run kita
bumalik kana “kotr”, di pa ako nakakatakbo sayo :( :)
Pasig River marathon. From Manila cathedral to BGC lahat ng tulay crossing pasig river dinaan
Hyundai run magbalik ka