“ECORUN 2010, Run for a Cause” is a fund raising project that will help promote awareness in the preservation of our ecosystem, and rehabilitation of the denuded forests. This is in accordance with the environmental projects of District 3810 “Rotarian Kaibigan ng Kalikasan”.
ECORUN “Run for a Cause” 2010
December 12, 2010 @ 4:30AM
Philippine Army Grandstand and HQ – Fort Bonifacio
3K / 5K / 10K / 15K
Registration Period is from October 1 to December 5, 2010. Registration Fee is P350 for all categories which includes a Singlet Shirt and Race Bib.
– Robinsons Ermita
– Market Market, Fort Bonifacio
– Ever Gotesco Commonwealth
– Festival Mall Alabang
– SM Mall of Asia
– SM North Edsa
– SM Megamall
– SM Bicutan
– SM Dasmariñas, Cavite
Other Registration Outlets:
– R.O.X. (Recreational Outdoor Exchange)
Boni High Street, Fort Bonifacio
– HardRock Cafe
Glorietta 3, Makati City
– De La Salle University
Taft, Manila, Greenhills, Zobel, Alabang, Araneta,
Lipa Batangas and Dasmariñas, Cavite
– I-Shot Studio
Bonifacio Ave. Dela Peña, Marikina City
– Mami Pakyaw
Doña Soledad, Better Living, Parañaque City
For more information:
[email protected], [email protected]
more details please… patingin ng singlet… thanks
ive signup na, ask ko po about the map.. thanks
i second that and patingin ng singlet thanks!
can we see the singlet design?,.malapit na yan,.dapat makita namin para we have an idea. thanks!
Race map and singlet design pls. not included in the race kit.
pls have a racemap available for download.
pwede makita ung design ng singlet?
I already registered for this race and this would be my last race this year. Ok naman ung singlet. Its predominantly green. (Moss/Apple Green) something like that. This is ok considering na P350 lang then may singlet na.
Hope the race map will be available for download soon, I already registered for this race and its already next week. Seems like the organizers are dilly-dallying and are not that concerned about the runners…hopefully they will be organized (water stations and marshals)on race day….go ecorun team and rotary don’t let us down!
for more information… please visit ecorun2010.multiply.com or visit our facebook account: [email protected].
Available pa ba ang registration? From what reg venue? Please update. Thanks :)
WALANG KWENTA!!! hhhmmp!
will you provide us with the race results and photos?
Disappointing! Parang nagjogging lng lahat wearing almost the same singlet. No enough marshalls to guide at ang layo ng first hydration station. Tnx sa milo kung saan kme nakiinom. Akalain mo madaming run-walk-runners nauna pang dumating sa kenyan na same distance sa 15K. Tnx sa runner in red short na nagsilbing marshall at distance sign ko para umabot sa finishline. The organizer should be thankful sa pocari at worthy cause nyo dhl doon lng kau nakabawi. I am 100 % kaibigan ng kalikasan but u are not runner-friendly. Hope u’l learn a lot from this event.
Oo nga, Wala talaga kwenta ultimo marshalls di alam ruta. Sana next time ayusin nila. Yung iba runner they finish 10K in just 20minutes dahil naligaw. Usually nasa 30 minutes ang time ng mabilis tumakbo.hahahaha
The event was very disorganized. It did not meet the standards of having a fun run (ex. no water stations at every 1 1/2 km, too few directional signs, lack of knowledgeable marshalls) which is dangerous.
ECORUN was the worst run I joined.
1. Due to the absence of kilometer markers, I ended up doing 15k instead of 10k which I was totally not prepared to do. Sure, I have bragging rights to 15k (finally hahahaha!), but then, I didn’t train for this. If you’re lucky, madadapa ka lang – kidding aside – it can really cause serious injuries that will put you out of the running scene in months, worse, forever.
2. There were only 2 hydration stations. These were situated only at the first 2k mark. After that, you are on your own. The organizers should know that a water station must be located at every 2km mark from the beginning to the end of the race. We had to get our drinks from Milo, which was a simultaneous marathon with ECORUN. Proper hydration is needed for one to complete a race, no matter the distance.
3. Delayed gunstart. In our registration form, it was supposed to be at 430am. Pero, tirik na ang haring araw, dumaladaldal pa sila dun sa stage!
4. Lousy hosts. Both hosts can’t even pronounce the words right and they are already in Tagalog. This was probably, if memory serves, the wordiest prerun that I’ve ever been to. I shit you not, they mentioned all the rotary clubs who joined the run + all their sponsors. And they did this before the gunstart.
5. Claiming booth for singlet was chaotic. We already have our claiming stub but nobody seemed to be able to decide if they will release the singlet or not. After an eternity of indecision, they finally released our singlets. No duh. Eh bakit pa ako nagregister kung hindi rin naman ako bibigyan ng singlet . We’re running for the trees you say? We ran for the dolphins once and we didn’t have this kind of problem.
6. No run details like gunstart, route maps and singlet designs in any of the running websites like takbo.ph or thebullrunner.com
7. There was an astounding lack of marshals to the point that a LOT of people got lost. Yes, not just pretty me, there were others. Marshals are supposed to be guiding runners in the road and, more importantly, to ensure that people who get injured or who pass out on the road get the help that they need. Interestingly, we were given colored race tags (nylon ropes) to indicate the distance that we’ve covered. One should have at least two, and based on their various reactions, I probably should have three. I got 5. Of different colors. One of them even asked, “Oh bakit andami nyan?” Heller kuya, naligaw na nga ako sa 15k dahil WALANG MARSHAL.
They say every runner is different, but everyone wants effortless comfort when they run. This should be the ultimate goal of every organizer.
Let’s see what they think when the shoe’s on the other foot.
parepareho kulay ng bib nr….. no d-tags or time chips, how’d they know the time of a runner. This event is the number 1 in the disastrous category of a running event. Congratulations! Keep it up!
Worst run I joined! I can’t believe how badly organized this one was. I pity next year’s Rotary officers-organizers because they will have to to work doubly hard to get this year’s runners to come back next year. This should serve as an example of how NOT to organize fun runs… ‘coz this one was no fun at all.
Hay Naku! tama lahat ng blogs dito, una, wag na tayo umasa sa race result, i ran for 10k pero alam ko na kulang ng 2 k kasi average ko 1:05 e 52mins tapos na, tsaka inaantok pa mga marshal ang runner pa ang mag tatanong kung san bago nila ibuka bibig nila. stress nako sa comment kaya same narin comment ko sa ibang nag comment dito, kayong mga taga rotary umayos kayo!
trust the posters.if it’a a bit off, then the run is. so i did not sign up.
i agree with all the comments here. sobrang disappointing nga ang event to think na ang dami nagsponsor who could have helped in arranging, setting up, checking what was missing. total disarray talaga. sana inisip nila na since kasabayan nila ang milo run, dapat double ang efforts, para hindi naman cla mapahiya. i hope the organizers would take time to read the comments so you would be able to improve, in case you are thinking of giving it a second try.
masyado na disappoint ang father ko sa run na ito ayaw na tuloy munang sumama sa mga fun run pano 5k ba naman category namin tapos parang 3k lang tinakbo namin dahil sa ligaw nag tanong pa kami sa marshall nun sabi namin 5k san ang ruta un pala puta naituro saming daan.
tapos sa finish line may complain pano ba naman 8 mins tinapos ang 5k kalokohan ba naman maski siguro ung kenyan un di ako maniwala eh. tpos hahabulin ka pa sa finish line just to check ur bib number para malaman ung finishit time mo.
I wonder why the organizers have not posted any reply from all of us in here. I have posted my comments on the ecorun facebook account and got some answers from there.
All your comments are valid and I agree with you. I know the people who organized this fun run and I know that they worked hard to make it a success though they fell short from most runners expectations. I know that though they are not answering you, they have accepted their mistakes. Next year’s run will be organized by different group of people and I believe they have noted your comments. I hope you’ll give this fun run for a cause them another chance. Thanks!