A run to raise awareness on the “challenges” facing nurses in the country sponsored by Rachel Allen happening on December 5, 2010 in the CCP Complex, Roxas Blvd, Manila.
1st Nurse’s Fun Run
Devember 5, 2010
CCP Complex, Roxas Blvd, Manila
Registration Fee is PhP 600/pair (Since this is a Buddy Fun Run)
AIM OF THE EVENT:
1. Promote good health and wellness through a fun activity among nurses (students, graduates, licensed nurses)
2. Foster camaraderie and the spirit of helping each other in the quest for good opportunities in the nursing career
3. Raise awareness on the “challenges” facing nurses in the country:
* Not enough jobs for thousands of registered nurses (approximately 300,000 unemployed licensed nurses)
* The volunteering and unpaid on-the-job training for nurses where instead of being paid for work, they instead pay hospitals to gain experience
* Low salaries of nurses.
• This is a “buddy” system Fun Run where pairs compete for a 3.5 km. run. The pair should start and finish the race together.
• Interested participants may pre-register online, pay the registration fee at any Metrobank branches. (Metrobank Savings Account No: 3-168-08523-1; Account Name: Elite Consultancy/Emma San Juan) and claim the Fun Run kit at any Rachell Allen branches or during the actual event. Just present the pre-registration form and deposit slip.
• Participants can also register and pay the Registration Fee at any of the Rachell Allen branches:
Rachell Allen Taft branch
3rd Flr. E, 1428 Joshua Center Bldg., Taft Ave. Manila (in front of PGH) (look for Muz, Tel No: 527-3168)
Rachell Allen Ortigas branch
2604 Raffles Corporate Center, F. Ortigas, Ortigas Center, Pasig City (look for LA, Tel No: 914-1379)
Rachell Allen Sucat branch
2nd Flr, 8133-8135 Leo’s Bldg., Dr. A. Santos Ave., Sucat, Parañaque City (look for Jen, Tel No: 487-6974)
• Participants should be at least 16 yrs. old.
• One member of the team must be either a nursing student, nurse graduate or licensed nurse (RN); just present a nursing student ID or PRC license during registration
ON THE DAY OF THE FUN RUN:
• One hour before the actual fun run, the Fun Run participants should be at the venue already to get the race numbers and convene at the starting line for the announcement of rules and warm up exercises
• On the cue of a start shot, the starting line rope shall be released to indicate the start of the fun run. Route Marshals shall guide the participants on the route of the fun run.
• Water stations shall be available at every kilometer of the route.
• Race pairs should start and finish together.
• The panel of judges’ decision as to the winning pairs is final.
• First aid stations are available at every kilometer of the route.
• There will be a free ride, in case participants opt to stop running. If one stops running, the team mate has to also stop running.
• The 1st 3 pairs (who finished the race together, at the same pace) will be recognized, given the cash and GC prizes, including the event T-shirts.
• All the participants will be given a certificate of participation.
• The first 200 pair registrants get a Fun Run Loot Bag upon presentation of registered number after the event.
YOU CAN CONTACT THE ORGANIZERS IN THESE NUMBERS:
Mobile: 0921-3792810; 0923-4958364