One of Manila’s tallest buildings, Shangri-La at the Fort, will once again host the city’s only international stair climbing race – the Kerry Sports Manila Vertical Run!
On July 9, runners will start at the hotel’s lobby and ascend 58 floors to the penthouse level. They will face the challenge of running up over 1,300 steps to a height of 223 meters. Stair climbing, first known as “vertical races” in the 1970s, is now a global sport with stair climbing clubs hailing from the US, Canada, Europe and Asia, as well as professional athletes who train year-round to be the first to reach the top of the world’s tallest buildings.
Kerry Sports Vertical Run
July 9, 2017
Full Challenge (58 Floors) – P1,200
Team Challenge (58 Floors) – P4,800
Horizon Challenge (38 Floors) – P1,000
Fun Climb (20 Floors) – P800
– Prizes for top 3 in each age group for Full Challenge
– 4 runners to start together and climb 58 floors for Team Challenge
– Deadline for online registration is 23 June 2017 or when the quota for registration is full.
1. Online Registration – Click Here
2. On-site registration is now available at Kerry Sports Manila at Level 6, 3rd Avenue cor. 30th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. Enquiries, please contact (632) 820 0888 (ext. 7707).
– No prizes will be awarded for runners registering for the ‘Horizon Challenge’ and ‘Fun Climb’ categories.
– Entry is on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Event Organiser reserves the right to close entries before the deadline without notice once the race quota is full.
– The Event Organiser has the right to verify the ages of participants before, on and after the event.
– There is no event day registration.
For More Information:
Visit – http://www.sportingrepublic.com/manilaverticalrun/