1. Go run naked. Ok, maybe not completely naked, but choose lightweight and light colored apparel to help your body cool down faster. If running under the sun, don’t forget your shades and visor.
2. Time your Training. Run in the morning or evening when it’s cooler. If that’s not possible, then try to find a running route that provides a good shaded route like in UP Diliman or if you have access to a gym, it’s the best time to run on the treadmill.
3. Hydrate often. Make sure to hydrate every 15 minutes with water or a sports drink, if possible bring a cooler with you, keeping your drink cold can help cool down your core temperature much faster when training. You can also prepare an extra bottle of water you can use to pour over your head.
4. Slow Down. High temperature can directly affect your running speed, so don’t fight it, run by focusing on effort rather than trying to hit your usual pace.
5. Cross-Training. If it gets really too hot for a run, then perhaps it’s a good time to jump into a pool instead.
6. Don’t forget your sunscreen. If you must run under the sun, make sure you protect your skin from cancer and other skin damage. Apply sunscreen liberally.
Like this Post!? Share it to your friends!