Contributors, Tips, Training

7 Secrets of Super Fit People

7-secrets-of-super-fit-people

7 Secrets of Super Fit People

Why are some people successful at achieving their fitness goals while others struggle so much? Here are 7 things we can learn from super fit people.

1. Working out doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll lose weight.

Super fit people measure the effectiveness of their workout not by how many pounds they’ve lost, but by how stronger they’ve become. They don’t stop training even if their weight stays the same. They know that a low-fat diet is what ultimately drives weight loss and combine their training with healthy meals.

2. Workouts should be simple and fun.

Super fit people are consistent with their workouts because they enjoy what they’re doing. They don’t use very technical training programs because they know that remembering all the details can be overwhelming and distracting. They just go out there and do it!

3. Be open to coaching.

Super fit people don’t claim to know it all when it comes to training. They know that there are experts out there who have the knowledge and experience to bring out their full potential. They’re not embarrassed to ask for help and advice if they need it.

4. Learn how to quickly move on from a setback.

We’re borrowing a line from a popular radio commercial: “A setback can be a comeback.” Super fit people know that it’s not the end of the world if you skip working out for a week or don’t work out for a couple of months. In case it happens, they just go back on track as soon as they can.

5. Be your own competition.

Super fit people are not satisfied with just working out. They have a goal and a training plan to meet that goal. They eventually aim to surpass their best performance.

6. It’s okay to eat what you want, but in moderation.

When it comes to food, super fit people follow the 80/20 Rule: 80% of what they eat are fruits, vegetables, quality meats, eggs, and fish. The remaining 20% are food can be any food they want.

7. Fitness is not a temporary goal; it’s a lifestyle.

Super fit people don’t work out for two months just to fit into a sexy swimsuit for Laboracay or to look good for a high school reunion. For them, fitness is a way of life and their decisions support this lifestyle. Fitness & Health is among their top priorities.

is an all around try-athlete. She likes racing to meet writing deadlines the most.

One comment on “7 Secrets of Super Fit People

  1. “Do it with pleasure or not at all” is my every day motto. When I work out, I do not think it as a way of losing weight or as a temporary goal. For me training means lifestyle, as previously mentioned. Everything should come naturally when training. If you try to force it, you will probably find yourself doing something you’ll not be proud of later.

Leave a Reply