Since MMDA is closing Half of EDSA on Sunday (June 28, 2015) for Bikers and Pedestrians, we thought that this can be a great opportunity for runners to run a HALF-MARATHON along EDSA!
This might be the one and only opportunity for runners to run along the busy highway safely. Here’s the plan!
June 28, 2015
Since based on the news, MMDA will close down parts of EDSA starting from SM Mall of Asia to Ortigas, so we thought that this would be the perfect race route.
1. Start from Ocean Drive in SM MOA
2. Run Along EDSA until SM MEGAMALL
3. UTurn Back via Shaw Blvd.
4. Run Back Along EDSA to starting point in SM MOA
5. Total Distance Approx ~ 23K
1. YES, this is a crazy idea, and we don’t recommend anyone doing this alone, but perhaps it’s a good idea if you are planning to do this with your running group and team.
2. Cars will still be at the other-half of EDSA, so be sure always be alert and take extra care
3. Bring your own Hydration.
4. This is just an idea, execute at your own risk and Take Care!
How do you like this idea? Share your thoughts below!
Like this Post!? Share it to your friends!