Reef Conservation Initiative, Inc. (RCI) would like to invite you and your friends to The Polillo Island Coastal Run. This half-‐marathon race course is the first ever event of its kind in the island municipality. Proceeds from the event will go to the Million Mangrove Mission, an RCI project which aims to rehabilitate the Philippine mangrove areas through protection, reforestation, and reforestation in support of other climate change mitigation programs worldwide.
The race course, a combination of paved and dirt roads, will start in Barangay Bigyan at 3pm. Runners will pass through Polillo’s barangays and farmlands to reach the municipality of Burdeos and loopback for a sunset finish at Bigyan Beach, where a bonfire celebration awaits.
All participants will receive an eco‐kit, and a finisher’s shirt. Meals and campsite accommodations will be provided. 20 mangrove trees will be planted in behalf of each participant.
Polillo Island Coastal Run
June 14, 2014
21K – P2,000
– Inclusive of race-kit/eco-kit, finisher’s shirt, meals, bonfire party, campsite accommodations, and a donation for the planting of mangrove trees
Note: The event will be an overnight affair. Runners will arrive on June 14, they’ll be taking the 7am Ferry to Polillo from Real, Quezon. Arrival in Polillo will probably be between 9 to 9:30am. Then the itinerary goes: Welcome brunch, merienda, race, dinner/party/awarding, breakfast the following morning, and then leave for Manila. The organizers will have about ten tents that we can lend out, so we’re encouraging participants to bring their own tents. For those who don’t want to camp out, there are room accommodations available; they can just coordinate with us if they want to book a room.
1. Vibora House Penthouse 4 Manila Luxury Condominium, Pearl Drive, Ortigas Center
2. Deposit the required amount to our Metrobank Account, email us a scan of the deposit slip or text us the transaction ID for confirmation
– Contact details: +63 999 158 6226. +63 915 900 7704. (02) 6967186. firstname.lastname@example.org
– Metrobank Account: Name – Reef Conservation Initiative, Inc. Account #007-629-02620-3
– Kits will then be distributed a week before the event.
Like this Post!? Share it to your friends!