New Balance Power Run 2011 – FAQ
Chevrolet New Balance Power Run
November 6, 2011 @ 4AM
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
View Maps, Singlet, Freebies Here -> New Balance Power Run Details
When and where is the Chevrolet – New Balance Power Run 2011?
The Power Run will be held on November 6, 2011 at Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Philippines. Assembly time is 4:00 am.
How can I register for the Chevrolet – New Balance Power Run 2011?
You can register on line from August 24, 2011 – October 16, 2011 through http://www.powerrun2011.race-registration-now.com/
You can also register in-store through the outlet listed below from September 1 – October 16, 2011 (12:00 nn – 8:00 pm)
– 5/F Shangri-La Plaza Mall, EDSA cor. Shaw Blvd., Ortigas Center.
– 2/F Powerplant Mall, Rockwell Center, Makati City.
– 2/F Trinoma Mall, North Ave., cor. Pagasa, Quezon City.
The Athlete’s Foot
– 3/F Robinson’s Galleria, EDSA cor. Ortigas Ave., Quezon City.
– 2/F Robinson’s Place Manila, Ermita Manila.
– 2/F Twin Cinema Arcade, Alabang Town Center, Alabang.
– B1 R.O.X. Bldg Bonifacio High Street, Taguig City.
* Registration may end earlier than announced deadline therefore; race kits may run out before October 16, 2011.
* A valid ID must be presented upon registration. For group registration, a photocopy of any valid ID must be presented by the representative.
* Singlet size availability will be on a first come first serve basis.
* A timing device will be used by all participants during the race.
How much is the registration for the Chevrolet – New Balance Power Run 2011?
5KM – Php 850
10KM – Php 950
25KM – Php 1,150
How Do I Prepare for the Run?
1. Familiarize yourself with your categories route map.
2. Plan your trip to the event day.
3. Don’t forget to bring your race bib! The timing tag is attached to your race bib. Do not bend or fold your race bib, it will damage the timing tag.
4. Do not bring any valuable items, which you do not need. New Balance and race organizer will not be liable for any losses.
5. Arrive promptly at assembly time
6. Things to do before your run:
• Get changed into your proper running gear.
• Check if you have your essential race items with you (race bib, watch, mp3 players, etc.).
• Check–in your bag at the baggage counter.
• Drink sufficiently
• Use the toilet.
• Pump yourself up for the race ahead!
7. If you feel unwell at any time before or during the race please do not continue and approach any volunteer or medical station for assistance as soon as possible.
8. There will be a variety of food and beverage available for sale at the activity area, only cash will be accepted.
What will I get upon registration?
5KM – New Balance Shirt, Bag, Race Bib with Timing Chip, Php 1,000 New Balance Cash Voucher and Runner’s Guide.
10KM – New Balance Shirt, Bag, Race Bib with Timing Chip, Php 1,000 New Balance Cash Voucher and Runner’s Guide.
25KM – New Balance Shirt, Bag, Race Bib with Timing Chip, Php 1,000 New Balance Cash Voucher Runner’s Guide and Souvenir Medallion.
Will there be a cut off time?
5 KM – 1 hour after official gun start
10KM – hours after official gun start
25KM – 3 hrs & 45 mins after official gun start
*Runners who fail to complete their respective distances within the specific cut off time must stop running and board the official pick-up vehicle. These runners will automatically be disqualified and will be taken directly to the finish venue.
What will I get at the finish line?
All 5KM, 10KM and 25KM finishers will receive a special finishers loot bag.
Where can I get the race results and pictures?
1. Race results will be available after two (2) days in the following websites.
– www.newbalance.com.ph www.chevrolet.com.ph
2. Runpix and Photos will be available 3 weeks after the event
How do I properly place my race bib and timing chip?
1. Properly place your bib number clearly on the front and center of your New Balance Shirt.
2. The color indicates the race category that you are registered in.
3. You may only run in the race category which you registered for or else you’ll be disqualified.
4. Enter your personal details on the back portion of your race bib (Ex. Name, Emergency contact Number, etc).
5. Your timing chip is attached to your bib number. If your bib is not properly attached to your New Balance Shirt, your time will not be registered.
6. Do not fold your race bib to not damage the timing chip.
7. Make sure to step on the timing mats at the start, split and finish area along the race route to make sure that passed through the designated areas. Failure to do so will result to disqualification.
What are the official rules and regulations for the Chevrolet – New Balance Power Run 2011?
a. Registration is open to all Filipinos and Foreigners.
b. Runners must complete an iPad registration or submit an accomplished and signed registration form with a non-refundable fee to participate in the race. See race announcemements for the detailed list of fees.
c. Registration is on a first come first serve basis.
d. Children 12 years old and below are not allowed to run.
e. Children who are 13 – 17 years old on race day are qualified to join the 5K category. They are required to have their entry form and waiver signed by a parent or guardian. Race organizer has the option to request for a photocopy of their NSO certificate or current school ID.
f. Runners in the 5K category and up must be 13 years old or older on race day. g. Runners may claim their registration kit (containing the official bib number with timing tag attached and safety pins) upon completing the registration process. Bib number with timing tag attached is non-transferable.
h. For online registration, runners must completely fill-up all the fields in the page and are required to electronically sign the waiver.
B. Race Proper
a. The reverse side of the bib number must be dully filled-up. Runners must wear the assigned bib number on his/her chest and use the timing tag properly. Runners not wearing a bib number and/or using the timing tag may be asked to leave the course by the race marshalls.
b. Pets, motorcycles, bicycles, skateboards, vehicles and any other similar machines are not allowed on the course other than the official race and medical vehicles.
c. Runners who begin before the actual start time of his/her race category will be disqualified. Runners who do not start within 10 minutes from respective flag off will be disqualified and may not be allowed to start. No result will be given to disqualified runners.
d. “Gun Time” will be considered to determine the winners. Elite runners are advised to stay in the front.
e. Runner/s must discontinue the race immediately if asked by any member of the race organizer. Race officials, marshals, medical staff, and security personnel have the right to pull-out any runner found not physically fit to continue the race.
f. The race organizer reserves the right to reject any entrant or disqualify any runner who is suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or having taken banned substances and any runner who is found to have misrepresented himself/ herself. If his/her identity of eligibility is challenged, it is the responsibility of the runner to prove who he/she really is. Runner/s found to have been dishonest are immediately disqualified and subjected to disciplinary sanctions by the race organizer.
g. In order to ensure timely re-opening of roads to normal traffic, the race organizer will designate time limits at specified distances. Runners failing to reach these specific distances within the times specified must stop running and board the official vehicle. They are automatically disqualified to compete in the race and will be taken directly to the finish venue. Time limit for 25KM is 3 hours 45 minutes, 10KM is 2 hours and 1 hour for 5KM distance.
C. Determining the winners of the race
a. As soon as the leading runner crosses the finish line, a spotter will ask him/her for his/her name.
b. The finish line marshal keeps a manual record of who actually arrived at the finish line first, second, third and so on. This is to make sure that there is a back up on the record of who the top finisher of the race and the names of the winner are known.
c. This record is now compared with the actual timing systems results. Any discrepancy is checked with the timing data, database entry, interview results and course marshal observation. Timing data, spotter interview and course marshal inputs in this order are the priorities being considered to make the final decision.
d. The result is then finalized based on the findings.
e. The officials decision is considered final.
D. Eligibility to win the prizes
a. If runner is an officially registered participant on the particular race distance he/she finished.
b. Runner finished the complete race course without help from any vehicle, motorized or mechanical.
c. Runner started the race with the correct group and start location.
d. If runner has a start, split and finish time. e. Sponsors have the option to reward the winners with cash and/or non-cash prizes.
a. All protest related to results must be made in writing and submitted within 30 minutes after the official announcement of winners.
b. The race organizer may change without prior notice any of the rules and regulations that they deem necessary to ensure the success of the race.
c. The race organizer’s decision is final.
What will be available in the route and activity area?
– Water & Energy Drink Stations – Drinking water will be provided at the finish line and at every 1.5 – 2 Kilometers.
– Banana Stations – Banana stations will be available at certain points along the route for the 25Km runners and at the finish line.
– Sponge Stations – Sponge stations will be available at certain points along the route for the 25Km runners.
– Medical Stations & Ambulances – Medical aid will be available at certain points along the route and at the finish line.
– Toilets – Toilet cubicles will be available on site during the race.
– KM Markers – KM Markers will be placed all throughout the race route.
– Baggage Counters – Baggage deposit service is available near the stage from 3:00am – 9:00am.
What will the winners of the Chevrolet – New Balance Power Run 2011 receive?
5KM Male & Female First Place Php 15,000 worth of Cash and GC plus medal and a 19” Devant LED TV.
5KM Male & Female Second Place Php 10,000 worth of Cash and GC plus medal.
5KM Male & Female Third Place Php 7,000 worth of Cash and GC plus medal.
10KM Male & Female First Place Php 22,000 worth of Cash and GC plus medal 24” Devant LED TV.
10KM Male & Female Second Place Php 15,000 worth of Cash and GC plus medal.
10KM Male & Female Third Place Php 10,000 worth of Cash and GC plus medal.
25KM Male & Female First Place Php 30,000 worth of Cash and GC plus medal 32” Devant LED TV.
25KM Male & Female Second Place Php 22,000 worth of Cash and GC plus medal.
25KM Male & Female Third Place Php 15,000 worth of Cash and GC plus medal.
5KM – Chevrolet Centennial Swatch watch for the 100th Finisher.
10KM – Chevrolet Centennial Swatch watch for the 100th Finisher.
25KM – Chevrolet Centennial Swatch watch for the 100th Finisher.
* Medals, Cash and New Balance Gift Certificates will be given to the top 3 Male & Female finishers for the three race categories.
* Winners must be physically present to receive their awards during the award cerem
What are the raffle mechanics for winning the Chevrolet Cruze?
1. All participants of the Chevrolet – New Balance Power Run 2011 who have completed the following requirements are automatically qualified to join the raffle: a. Fully paid registration fee b. Start, split and finish time
2. One entry per registered runner.
3. The Chevrolet – New Balance Power Run 2011 will be held on November 6, 2011 at Bonifacio Global City.
4. The raffle promo is valid on November 6, 2011 only.
5. The raffle stub on the race bib will serve as their entry. Participants must detach the stub found on their bib and drop at the designated drop boxes found at the following areas: a. Stage area b. New Balance tent c. Chevrolet tent
6. The drop boxes will be opened on November 6, 2011 and will placed in a central drop box on stage in the presence of a DTI representative.
7. The draw will be held during the race awarding ceremony on November 6, 2011 at Bonifacio Global City in the presence of a DTI representative.
8. If the drawn number does not appear on the list of runners who has a start/ split and finish time for the race, another raffle stub will be drawn and will be checked against the list of finishers.
9. The winner must be physically present on stage during the raffle draw to claim his/her prize. No proxy will be allowed.
10. The winner is required to present his/her un-tampered race bib and two (2) valid ID’s with photos. Valid ID’s are as follows: local driver’s license, passport, school ID, company ID, SSS, GSIS, professional license, Philippine Government issued local residency/ working/ student papers or permits (for foreigners).
11. In the event that a minor (17 years old & below) wins the prize, the winner should present his/her birth certificate upon claiming the prize.
12. The raffle is open to runners of all nationalities and citizenship.
13. The winner shall pay the 30% final tax of the prize.
14. The prize is not convertible to cash.
15. The winner will be given sixty (60) days to claim the prize.
16. In the event the winner does not claim the prize within sixty (60) days of awarding, the prize will be forfeited in favor of Chevrolet Philippines (The Covenant Car Company Inc.) with prior approval of DTI.
17. Officers, directors and employees of The Covenant Car Company Inc, Planet Sports Inc., Event King Corp. and Runrio Inc, its subsidiaries and affiliate companies, organizers of the run, as well as their families up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity and household members are not eligible to join the raffle promo.
1. Upon awarding of the prize, the winner will be given a prize certificate issued by Chevrolet. This certificate will be presented by the winner in person at the dealership stated on the certificate to claim the car.
2. The car shall be claimed from an appointed dealer of THE COVENANT CAR COMPANY INC. The car shall be released by the dealer only after presentation of the certificate issued by Chevrolet, as well as proof of payment of the 30% withholding tax on the prize.
3. No proxy will be entertained when claiming the car.
4. The Chevrolet dealership will be given photo copies of the race bib and valid IDs presented by the winner during the awarding on November 6, 2011
5. The winner will be given sixty (60) days to claim the car after awarding of the prize certificate.
6. Complimentary race kits are not valid to join the raffle. Raffle stubs on the race bibs will be removed from the complimentary race numbers.
*Raffle mechanics may change without prior notice with DTI approval.
Where can i get more information about Chevrolet vehicles?
Website -> www.chevrolet.com.ph
CUSTOMER SERVICE HOTLINE:
For inquiries you may contact the following hotline details
Monday to Friday between 10:00am – 6:00pm.
ONLINE REGISTRATION & PLANET SPORTS POWERPLANT MALL:
Globe: 0916 – 570-9220 or 0906 – 223-7330
Smart: 0929 – 717-8164 or 0947 – 532-3737
Landline: (632) 703-1736
TIMING AND RACE RESULTS:
PRE-RACE KITS: POST-RACE KITS:
OTHER CONCERNS AND FEEDBACK: